Cloudy, swollen eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

twkenny

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My Coral Beauty seems to have developed a slightly cloudy, slightly swollen eye. The other one looks fine, and he seems to be acting fine. Eats well.
Anyone seen something like this?

Could be a bacterial infection, popeye from fighting or possibley netting damage. It can also occure due to high DOC's in the water. As long as the eye is not severely bulging it should be easily rid of with a few large water changes over the next week and fortifying the foods with some Zoe or Selcon daily.

If it does not clear up on it's own after attempting to remedy it naturally, you may need to quarantine and treat with an anti-biotic. I would urge you to try the first option. Often capturing and moving the fish can cause further damage, possibley causing the loss of the eye.

Have you noticed any aggression between the angel and the foxface?

Cheers
Steve

No, not really. The angel was the last addition and that was a few weeks ago. They seem to swim around together a lot, but it does not appear aggressive. In other words, there is no chasing, and sometimes the fox follows the angel and other times the angle follows the fox.

I appreciate the quick reply and will try the first method.

Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom