Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-19-2005, 12:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Clown

Kurt, my maroon is worse today, it definately has ich. My husband is so set on treating with kick ich, but I don't want to risk it.

I have a sailfin in my 20g QT already that is being treated for ich that I just bought. He is already a week into treatment and is doing great. I have another 30g QT in the garage, but I don't think I will fit all those fish in with the 30g. So far it is just the clown

What should I do. This really sux.

Also I have a blenny in the main that is copper sensitive, and no other qt tank, nor could I stand to run 4 tanks at once.

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
clowninround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 01:48 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Mary,
I am so sorry.
How about a bigger tank to combine the fish for treatment. You can also use the garbage can with an overflow to increase the water volume and if aggresion becomes a problem, you can use eggcrate for divider.
Here was my set up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qt2_189.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	933  

Old 02-19-2005, 06:42 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok, question. Since the rest of the fish do not show signs, should I put them in the 30g and the clown w/ the tang and continue with the copper treatment? The tang has been there for one week, will one more week be ok? Also, should i just wait and see if the others develope symptoms? OR, just pull the clown and put kick ich in the main for everybody else since they seem ok? What I am worried about is what to do with the blenny.

150 gallon, 30g fuge/sump, 4.5 watt/gal VHO Lighting, 4" sand bed, 290 lbs LR, CDX-3 Nitrate/Phosphate filter

Female Naso "Isabell" or "Izzy", Emperor Angelfish, Flame Angel, Red Sea Sailfin tang "Bambi", Maroon Clown "Nani", 5 Chromis, 1 Aglae Blenny "Bengi" , Yellow Watchman Goby, pr of Banggai Cardinals, Lyretail Anthia, Six Line Wrasse

1 cleaner shrimp, Coral Banded Shrimp, lettuce nudibranch, 1 sand sifter stars, 1 tiny red brittle star "red", 1 tiny red and white banded serpent star, 2 tiny banded serpent stars, small orange Linkia starfish, assorted hermits and snails. Corals: star polyps, A ton of different types of mushrooms, yellow zooanthids, brown-orangish and light blue paly's, orange ricordia.

90g RR, W/D, 120 lb's LR SF eel, pygmy angel, pr sebae clownfish, 4 chromis. Star Polyps & Mushrooms
Old 02-19-2005, 07:29 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
The problem is you really need to pull all the fish in order to rid your system of it. Fish still in system....still have a host. I don't have much faith in kick ich to do the job. Leave the inverts be, they are not hosts.
I would somehow get all the fish out for treatment maybe with the use of tupperwater containers or the overflow system shown above and leave the main tank fishless for 6 weeks.
I know its a pain in the backside.
Treating just 2 fish won't work because they can become reinfected once placed back in the main.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:58 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

True, very true. I guess I will have to take the rock out again . I am already setting up the QT now. I did a 10% w/c in the main and filled the tub halfway, tommorrow I will do another 10% and fill the other half and take out the fish. Alex is not happy. He will help me though, he just really hates this part of it.

Tags
clown

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com