Clown acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scavenger12

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
False percula has been swimming in one place in the corner and not eating for about a day and a half now. I've had him for almost a year now. He is usually not bothered by anything. The water checks out ok. FOWLR and inverts. Only other fish in there is a royal gramma. Any thoughts on what could be wrong or what I should do?

Looks worse now. Color has turned cloudy white and he's sort of resting on a rock. Still moving but breathing is rapid. I think he's a goner. Anything I can do?

I'm sorry your fish isnt looking good. :-( Did you change anything recently that could have caused it? Do you have an anemone or anything?

A couple weeks ago I moved some rocks around but that's it. He seemed fine until this happened. No anemone or corals at all

Do you know if it was wild caught? This is something I have been looking into since I have lost 3 fish at about the year mark. It seems they all acted similar and that they were all wild caught. I have talked to others too that say the fish seem great and then stop eating and die after a few days. I am wondering if the way they catch them effects the liver or some other internal organ.

I wished there was something that can be done after caring for a fish for a year and see this happen it isn't easy.

Back
Top Bottom