Clown and bubble algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmetcalf

Aquarium Advice Activist
So this isn't really about a sick fish but it sort of is:

My brother has a SW tank for the last few years. Just in the last year or so his tank got electrocuted (bad storm) and all but one fish died. (also blew the transformers in his lights :()

Then he made the bad decision of switching from RO water to tap water. He has bubble algae like crazy now; it's choked out all his corals and everything, the only thing left is the false percula clown.

He wants to dry out everything in the tank and clean it all out to get rid of the bubble algae.

I'm curious if i could foster parent his clownfish for a while till he gets his tank up and running again? Is there any chance the fish could carry bubble algae? Cuz i'd rather see him sell the fish to the LFS than trash my tank too

honest, I wouldn't take the chance.
but if you want, you should put it in a QT and observe it a little while before you put it in your main tank.

I think your brother made a good decision to clean the whole think, I had hair algae before and I can't stand them cuz they grow like crazy, so I put all my fishes in a QT and clean the whole tank, protein skimmer, everything.

Fish can't "carry" algae. Personally... I'd be more concerned about it bringing disease into your tank. I'd personally foster parent a fish for someone... but only in my quarantine tank - never in my main.

Back
Top Bottom