Clown died

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaboke

Aquarium Advice Regular
False percula with cloudy eye

I have 2 false percula clowns in Qaurintine for 3 weeks now this morning I saw one swimming in the corner and when I lookt closer I think he has cloudy eye How do I tread him ???and can I keep my other clown in the same tank while I tread him ???

Amm 0
Nitrite 0.25
Nitrate 5
temp 78
salinity 1026
Help me save my little guy

Kaboke :cry:

update on my clown I'm using Melafix and he still looks bad but he is swimming so I hope I can turn him back to normal

Kaboke

Typically fungal infections like cloudy eye can be contributed to failing water parameters. I'd get your nitrites down to 0 and keep doing plenty of water changes. That and time should see positive results. Good luck.

:cry: Clown died this evening I posted in sick fish He had cloudy eye

second clown is still doing fine no since of dissease
gone buy an other one tomorow and then the qaurintine restart for 6 weeks

Kaboke

Yes LFS , collection but I'm happy that I followed the advice of manny people on this forum and that I'm using a quarintine tank an when I buy a new one tomorow I'm just gone be patience and wait for an other 6 weeks

Thanks kaboke

This can be 1 of at least three things:
1. Was he transported in a plastic or metal container? If this is the case, the cornea could be scratched and should regenerate. You can try using Methylene Blue.
2. Can you get a magnifying glass and check to see if he has worm larva in the eye?
3. It could be a bacterial infection and should be QT'ed and treated with 12 ml of Methylene Blue per 1G and should be done in a separate QT without using carbon, for 5 days. But since you are currently using your QT, you might be able to get away with doing it for both fish (you may want to wait for someone more versed, than me, to add their input). I would also soak their frozine in garlic to help boost their immune systems.

I merged both threads together. Sorry about the loss. I hope all goes well for the others.

Back
Top Bottom