clown dies/what would you do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stumpy

Aquarium Advice Activist
If anyone read my post from last night you know one of my clowns died. Now I must decide to either get another clown or just be happy with 1 clown and a couple other type fish. I know I am limited on how many fish I can put into a 30 gal tank. Clowns are my favorite but I also like cardinals, firefish, chromis and neon gobies. What would you do?

I have a 30, too, and only plan to keep one clown. Your taste in fish is similar to mine: I have a Bangghai cardinal and want to get a pajama cardindal, firefish goby, neon goby and some sort of bottom-hopper. I would stick to one clown, personally, although I would LOVE to have one clown of each species - they are awesome fish.

Good luck with your decision, I know it isn't easy.

If you do get another clown make sure you get the smallest one you can find. You have to make sure you get one that is still male. If the one you have was the bigger one it will be female. If it's male you will need to get a smaller one so that the existing one will become female.

Clowns can live alone...but mine seemed so much more active and happier with a partner. It's your decision to make, but as electrikat said, make sure you get the smallest one you can. Otherwise, you are setting yourself up for trouble when you get it home.

Good luck.

If I decide to get another clown it shouldn't be too hard to find a smaller one. My lfs always stock young/small clowns. I couldn't beleive how fast the one I have grew. I guess when you hog most of the food you get bigger faster.

I have a yellow tang, royal gramma, and 2 percs in my 38 gallon I had set up.

I am about to setup that tank again. I plan on a couple percs, a firefish goby or two, and a royal gramma. And maybe a few inverts.

Right now I have two blue/yellow tail damsels in my 10 gallon.

Hey stumpy..were are you in WV??? I am in Barboursville/Huntington area.

Back
Top Bottom