clown dying please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edmonton Eskimo

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I woke up to one of my ocellaris clowns laying on the bottom of my tank. What's going on? I just checked all my parameters last night and everything is good. I had two of them and the other one is fine. he is still alive but barely. is there anything I can do to save him?

He doesn't look any different no spots nothing. He was doing great last night. He only moves a little when I pick him up.

Were they a mated pair? Could be down to hostility from the other clown.

Hmmm...I would have to say that the more expeirenced aquarists should jump in here. If your water parameters are good (what are they?) and he is showing no other signs. My clown got brooklynella once and he was doing nothing more than breathing heavily and staying at the bottom of the tank not really moving. But I also had another fish in there with him that showed all the signs of the disease. I lost my tang and was able to save the clown.

well he's dead now but thanks guys! Is it normal for a fish to just bite it every now and then without explanation? I don't think it was the other clown as they seemed to be inseparable. He even tried to "wake" him up a couple of times. I wonder if it's not my lfs. I but a lot from big al's and I've had problems with all of there livestock. Hmmm

I'm sorry to hear that :( . I would find another pet shop, better safe than sorry. We used to go to this pet shop that ALWAYS had a mad amount of dead fish, my husband won't even let me buy corals there.

Back
Top Bottom