Clown fish acting strange!! Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Acap85

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, I got a 175l marine tank, with two cleaner shrimp, a royal gramma and two clown fish. All my water levels are fine, but one of my clown fish is going to the surface of the water, it has no signs of burned gills and has no spots, what could be wrong with him? I have two power heads and the tank has been going for 7 weeks, and the fish have been in there around 2 and a half weeks.
Thank you in advance :)

I have a pair of clowns.
When I first bought them the female would go to the top of the tank on its side at night.
This happened for a couple of weeks until I got some coral and more fish in the tank.
They sometimes act funny genes the name clowns.
My suggestion is to try and wait it out.
Maybe get a coral for them to host.

Sounds like normal clown behavior. They like to find a home if you will in the aquarium wether it be a corner, a cove in a rock, or a coral & gravitate around that area. Mine likes to sleep in a corner on the top at night.

My clowns sleep laying on their sides on the sandbed. Kinda ridiculous but they're just clowning around :)

I'm no expert in fact just a beginner. My clowns did exactly the same they still do. As someone told me clowns by name clowns by nature lol. If that happened in a fresh water tank you'd be panicking. From what I can tell it's completely normal.

Back
Top Bottom