clown fish harrassing my elegance coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hackteck

Aquarium Advice Addict
how do i stop the clownfish from doing this their killing it when i first got it the coral was doing great ever since the clownfish found it the elegance coral has been looking pretty bad stringy tenticles and not as bright as when i first got it and it hasnt gotten 1/3 the size it was before they started hosting it

Dude, I feelya. I just 5 minutes ago took out the coral and put it in another tank. Mine is beat to all heck. I'm not sure it's gonna come back

yea i dont have any other tank to move it into i get the 180G tomorrow but thats maybe 4-5 weeks out from being built by then the elegance coral will probably be dead if these clownfish keep this up

Sorry about the coral, but I am excited to see your 180 build thread. Everyone is getting new tanks! Carey with her 125 "Last Build" ...yeah right. Your getting a 180 going hack, and I am stuck waiting for POSSIBLY 2 months!!! I have no tanks to care for since I sold my 65 last weekend.

MTS- It's a known disease
I have NTSS- No tank stress syndrome, side effects are similar to withdraws from drugs. lol

My b/f says I'm on fish crack. lol

Can you move the corals higher up maybe? i notice the clowns stay on the bottom alot in my tank, or maybe just moving it will help. Might buy you some time til you get the other tank up

yea i probably end up moving it somewhere else and see if that works

mine stay low when the lights are off and when the lights turn on they go all over and dive bomb into the elegance over and over over the course of the day lol

Mine always stayed high, especially when the lights were off. They just floated around the top, sometimes you would swear they were dead. lol

When I first got them I had a demonic coral banded that attempted to kill them. He was immediately removed, perhaps he traumatized them for life.

Mine even play in the sand. I'm worried my pistol shrimp is gonna nab one one day. lol

Do you have another coral that you could have them host? maybe swap the corals and see what happens.

i have a nice sized frogspawn but they dont mess with it i actually have 2 elegance they harras that one too but not as much as the bigger one

Good point, I have seen clowns hosting several corals, frogspawns, hammers, etc...

i'm pretty sure this coral is a gonner and i cant do anything about it i tried moving it to the other side of the tank same thing so i moved it back a couple days they found it again

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Since I removed mine it has bounced back, I thought for sure I was gonna lose it. Mine looked really really bad. Do you have a 10g qt tank or someplace to move it til you upgrade?

yea im thinking of buying a 10G tank and moving it in there i saw one on craigslist for 15 bucks

A piece of mine actually fell off. :-( But its spread out and flowing pretty good all by itself. I would invest in that tank to save that coral.

Back
Top Bottom