Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-23-2004, 06:54 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to ocindustries Send a message via Yahoo to ocindustries
Clown Fish help

Okay At first I bought 2 clown fish (little did i know since I only had the tank a few weeks it wouldnt be a good idea) they both ended up swimming upward, then would sink and hit rocks, swim upward, turn white and die.

Okay so i waited now and everyhting seems cycled.

I have had a few other fish (blenny, damsel, tang, starfish, some corals,) in for a month and no one has died.

So i bought 3 clown fish (all came together paired up) 1 of them did the upward swim, turned white and died. the other 2 are still alive. they dont do much moving they swim in pretty much the same spot going against the current. is this healthy? anything i need to get for them? special instructions??? Should i buy a certain type of anenomie for them and if so what kind? please let me know..

thanks

ocindustries25@aol.com

Old 02-23-2004, 09:01 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

What size tanks is?

Clowns are awful swimmers IMO. I have two in separate tanks right now and they really don't do much other than "wiggling" in one spot all the time. It looks like they are dancing. I wouldn't be too overly concerned with this.

Why you have had a few die like this is a little strange. It is possible they had some kind of disease when you purchased them.

Quote:
Should i buy a certain type of anenomie for them and if so what kind? please let me know..
I would advise against getting an anemone. Clowns don't need them to survive. Also anemones are only recommended for established tanks as they have a poor track record in newer ones.

Old 02-23-2004, 12:16 PM   #3
Sam
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via Yahoo to Sam
Could you tell me what the parameters are on your tank?

Me
Sam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clown, clown fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com