Clown fish help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mike jones

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I got a small clown fish and he lived about 3-4 weeks and died of a heater burn but he always stayed in the top corners and never really swam out in the open or towards the live rock and I got a new one yesterday and he's doing the same staying in the top corners

Attachments

• image-2043386987.jpg
    image-2043386987.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 117
Have you cycled the tank and what are your water parameters?

It cycled and my salinity is at 1.022and there's a green puffer that's doing great I'm there

My nitrite and nitrate idk At the moment but my ammonia is 0.00

How did you acclimate and what is your heater set at. Could also be too low of flow in the tank, I have heard that not enough service agitation will make the oxygen in the water to low (long shot)

Hi I am also worried about my clown fish. Had him for six week and now he is swimming around in circles. Not spinning like whirling disease but swimming around about a 4 inch circle quite eraticlly
I have a 35 litre marine biube and change 2o% of the water every week

Flow is good to have. But clowns are goofy anyway so it hard to tell. Does e gasp for air?

Thank you for your reply. Found out it had clownfish disease. Purchased some medicine but my clown died last night. Just treating the tank now. It is caused by stress. I feel everything was done right apart from me purchasing two yellow tail damsels and introducing them. They are so aggressive to the clowns. If I could get them out of my tank I would. I've been told I can take them back. But it seems impossible to catch them :( Lynda

Yeah damsels are the worst. Hardy but nasty. U might be able to construct a trap. Try google or YouTube.

Thank you. Took your advise and looked on you tube. Lol a bottle cut in half ....what a great idea. I'll be trying that one ?

Sent a picture of damsel trap

Attachments

• image-3184841440.jpg
    image-3184841440.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 77
Lyndav29 said:
Sent a picture of damsel trap

Great idea. I have 2 yellow tails and they could care less about my clown or what he's doing. My whole tank are damsels except for an engineer goby and a blue regal tang.

My clown and my damsel take turns playing chase. They have never been aggressive to each other nor did they get aggressive towards my firefish

I had a skunk clown that stayed at the top, but I think it was more of a him feeling safe there. My damsels never mess with any of my clowns except maybe a brief chase here and there. I have 3 other clowns, a true percula, false oscellaris, an a mocha. None of which go to the top, except for feeding.

Back
Top Bottom