Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-28-2009, 10:58 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via ICQ to Speakerman Send a message via AIM to Speakerman Send a message via MSN to Speakerman Send a message via Yahoo to Speakerman
red is soooo ANGRY!!!! RAWR

Old 07-28-2009, 11:05 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CementShoes View Post
ill get the info i did aclimate tank has been cycling for a good month have a lil blue damsel a choclate chip starfish nd a blenny
No need to be soooooo upset. Check out his posting on 07/24/09 and you tell me.NOt ReeF ready

Old 07-28-2009, 11:36 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Activist

can't speak for the honesty here or on any other board around. As I said before my opinion was based on what was posted in this thread.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CementShoes View Post
can't speak for the honesty here or on any other board around. As I said before my opinion was based on what was posted in this thread.
I hear ya, we're all trying our best to help without knowing all of the facts, at this point we're going mostly on assumptions. I just hope he can get the fish and the tank healthy any way he can.
Anyway, enough said and chewed on I have to go tend to my kids. Take care.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:39 PM   #35
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
I do agree with you Cement. I should have been more specific, a QT is a safer way to treat both with meds and hypo than in the MD. While you do have some bacteria in the MD, and not in the QT, you can still keep up with PWCs in the QT to remove the ammonia/nitrItes.
I'll say it this way...if it were me, I would put the fish in a QT and keep up with the PWCs and other possible treatments. That does not look like ick to me either.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:29 AM   #36
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to divedeep1689
is this fish still alive?
special thanks to melosu58 , roka , thincat,CaptainAhab (and many more who i will list later as i find thier names so i can spell them lol ) for i would not have the tank or the knowledge i have about my tank if not for them.
divedeep1689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 06:41 AM   #37
Aquarium Advice Addict

I agree with ROKA as to the QT. It is a great possiblity that your fish has "Ammonia burned gills" due to his gasping for air as you stated. A QT is a better option at this point because you can take a clean new batch of SW or some from the tank and monitor water parameters and do PWC as needed to keep them in check. It is allot cheaper to do a smaller PWC in a 10g QT then in a larger DT. Also if medications are needed they will not contaminate the main tank. We all have opinions and they are all with good intentions, but remember they are Opinions. Everyone should step back and see that all we want to do is help correct this situation so that we all can learn from this.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:46 AM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by thincat View Post
I agree with ROKA as to the QT. It is a great possiblity that your fish has "Ammonia burned gills" due to his gasping for air as you stated. A QT is a better option at this point because you can take a clean new batch of SW or some from the tank and monitor water parameters and do PWC as needed to keep them in check. It is allot cheaper to do a smaller PWC in a 10g QT then in a larger DT. Also if medications are needed they will not contaminate the main tank. We all have opinions and they are all with good intentions, but remember they are Opinions. Everyone should step back and see that all we want to do is help correct this situation so that we all can learn from this.
Well said TC.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:01 AM   #39
Aquarium Advice Activist

TNTfish ,how is the fish. We have not had anything from you for 2 days. What is/was your water parameters?
Old 07-30-2009, 09:18 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Lets all hope that this fish is doing OK....Thincat, you're always providing good advice, and so are you Roka!

Tags
clown, clown fish, die

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com