Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-07-2011, 07:50 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
AusAaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 268
Clown fish not eating and seems to b breathing quickly

Hey guys. Ive got two new clown. A bw and an ow. Have had them for two days. They dont seem to b doing much swimming around. Figured may b just getting used to a new environment. But they dont seem to b eating and are breathing fairly quickly. Hopefully just adjusting. Any experience would help. Cheers
__________________

__________________
AusAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
AusAaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 268
And ph is 8 and all else 0
__________________

__________________
AusAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Kio707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Colorado
Posts: 4,519
What is the salinity?
__________________
Kio707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
carey's Avatar

POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Deltona, Florida
Posts: 20,962
It does take a few days for fish to get used to a new home. My two clowns have been in the 125g for months and months and still they never leave the back top wall area. lol It's just what clowns do sometimes...

If your parameters are all good and they were acclimated properly I would just sit it out for a few days and see what goes on. They probably just need more time is all...
__________________
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 02:41 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular
 
Whitegurl84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusAaron
Hey guys. Ive got two new clown. A bw and an ow. Have had them for two days. They dont seem to b doing much swimming around. Figured may b just getting used to a new environment. But they dont seem to b eating and are breathing fairly quickly. Hopefully just adjusting. Any experience would help. Cheers
They may be stressed put some stress coat in and turn off the lights for a while. If they are still doing it after that then you may have gotten some sick fish.
__________________
Whitegurl84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
AusAaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kio707
What is the salinity?
Ahhh... It was good but ill check again. Forgot
__________________
AusAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
AusAaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by carey
It does take a few days for fish to get used to a new home. My two clowns have been in the 125g for months and months and still they never leave the back top wall area. lol It's just what clowns do sometimes...

If your parameters are all good and they were acclimated properly I would just sit it out for a few days and see what goes on. They probably just need more time is all...
Yeah hopefully its nothing. Might go see what other foods the lfs has too to try and entice them round. Hopefully its nothing. Thanks carey
__________________
AusAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
AusAaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitegurl84

They may be stressed put some stress coat in and turn off the lights for a while. If they are still doing it after that then you may have gotten some sick fish.
K ill have a look at doing it. Cheers. Hopefully all good
__________________
AusAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
Breezyrae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 276
Mine love the omega one flakes with garlic they go crazy when they see me grab the container
__________________
Breezyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 06:41 PM   #10
Giant Clam Addict
Community Admin
 
Sniperhank's Avatar



POTM Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Summerville, Pennsylvania
Posts: 18,543
My clowns are similar. Everyday when I wake up, my dog and I go past the tank to go outside. I turn on the light and they rocket up to the top because they know I'm going to crush some flakes up.

I'm currently having an ich issue with mine though. I'm using a "reef safe" ich treatment...which won't do anything regarding killing ich, but will help them be happy, healthy, and get that slime coat going.
__________________

__________________
Sniperhank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
breathing, clown, clown fish, eat, eating, ick, not eating

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.