Clown fish not eating and seems to b breathing quickly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AusAaron

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. Ive got two new clown. A bw and an ow. Have had them for two days. They dont seem to b doing much swimming around. Figured may b just getting used to a new environment. But they dont seem to b eating and are breathing fairly quickly. Hopefully just adjusting. Any experience would help. Cheers

It does take a few days for fish to get used to a new home. My two clowns have been in the 125g for months and months and still they never leave the back top wall area. lol It's just what clowns do sometimes...

If your parameters are all good and they were acclimated properly I would just sit it out for a few days and see what goes on. They probably just need more time is all...

AusAaron said:
Hey guys. Ive got two new clown. A bw and an ow. Have had them for two days. They dont seem to b doing much swimming around. Figured may b just getting used to a new environment. But they dont seem to b eating and are breathing fairly quickly. Hopefully just adjusting. Any experience would help. Cheers

They may be stressed put some stress coat in and turn off the lights for a while. If they are still doing it after that then you may have gotten some sick fish.

carey said:
It does take a few days for fish to get used to a new home. My two clowns have been in the 125g for months and months and still they never leave the back top wall area. lol It's just what clowns do sometimes...

If your parameters are all good and they were acclimated properly I would just sit it out for a few days and see what goes on. They probably just need more time is all...

Yeah hopefully its nothing. Might go see what other foods the lfs has too to try and entice them round. Hopefully its nothing. Thanks carey

Whitegurl84 said:
They may be stressed put some stress coat in and turn off the lights for a while. If they are still doing it after that then you may have gotten some sick fish.

K ill have a look at doing it. Cheers. Hopefully all good

Mine love the omega one flakes with garlic :) they go crazy when they see me grab the container :)

My clowns are similar. Everyday when I wake up, my dog and I go past the tank to go outside. I turn on the light and they rocket up to the top because they know I'm going to crush some flakes up.

I'm currently having an ich issue with mine though. I'm using a "reef safe" ich treatment...which won't do anything regarding killing ich, but will help them be happy, healthy, and get that slime coat going.

Back
Top Bottom