Alright I'm going to try to answer the questions to the best of my ability. I don't have all the equipment to test my water, because my LFS
normally will for me and I am still new to this hobby.
1. How long have you had the fish? I have had the fish for a month now. It is a Percula Clown. Tank raised (ORA).
2. How long has the fish been in the tank? What are the tank mates? Any aggression? I have had the fish in the tank for a month. The tank mates include another percula clown and a black percula clown, as well as a cleaner shrimp and 4 turbo snails. They are all very docile.
3. Is the fish eating? If so what does it eat? Yes. I am currently feeding Omega One Marine Pellets as well as frozen fish food. I forget what its called and my friend isn't in my dorm room for me to look. If it is important I will be able to look later.
4. What are the water parameters? pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, SPG? (actual numbers please: posting high, average or normal is not helpful) What saltwater test kit are you using? This I do not know, I don't have a kit. I normally have my LFS
check every one to two weeks.
5. Is the fish showing any physical signs of disease, grain of salt size spots, discoloration, ragged fins, misting or spots on the fins, cuts, cloudy eyes, etc?
The only thing I have noticed is a white pimple looking spot in front of his left fin. It has not change in size or coloration. When I told my LFS
they didn't seem very worried. It's been there for about two weeks and my other fish haven't shown any signs of having problems. They interact fine and have been acting normal. Im not as concerned as I was because it has been the same for almost two weeks, its possible I could have over looked the small spot when I bought her.
6. Is the fish "flashing" (scratching or rubbing on rocks, decorations or substrate)?
7. How is the fish acting? Is it swimming around, or just hovering in one spot or corner of the tank?
She is acting normal. One thing I did notice yesterday that I have never seen from her that alarmed me was she began swimming side ways (only way I can describe it) in place very quickly for about 5 second incriminates. She did it no more than 5 times all in the same spot and only when my male clown was by her. I guess you could call it a violent shaking. I thought she was seizing. What could this be? She hasn't done it again since and has be acting normal and swimming around the tank.
8. Did you use quarantine? If so for how long and did you have a need to treat for any ailments? Is it in qt now? Are you currently treating with any medication(s)? No quarantine. No current meds.
9. Describe in detail how the fish was acclimated. I floated her (along with my male perc) and then every half hour I added 1/4 of the amount of water in the bucket and then dumped out half for nearly 2 hours.
10. What size system? What type of filtration do you use? Do you have any live rock or sand? 29 gallon. I have live rock and sand. I used a marineland Penguin Power Filter 350B. Which is actually a size larger than I need for my tank.
11. Do you use any additives? Have you used any sort of meds in the main tank? No. No.