Clown fish question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nwsharksfan

Aquarium Advice Activist
I just got a clown fish today and he is chilling in the top corner of the tank next to the protein skimmer (not a good sign). Before that he was swimming against the current in front of the wave maker. Could there be too much current in there for him?

He sounds like a normal clown to me. I just got a 2nd one today to go with my female and now they both just hang out above my Duncan. They don't really go anywhere else lol. Clownfish are just odd. And no you don't have to much current

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They will usually pick a spot in the tank that they will host (call their own). Sounds normal to me.

Give him time he will settle in , I find most new fish to do the same thing till they get used to there new environment

Let him get settled in and more comfortable. But he will probably pick a spot and hang out around there pretty much all day long. My Clown rarely leaves his Nem and it used to make me wonder if he was getting enough food vs the other fish.

Back
Top Bottom