clown fish scrape healing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

unda_da_sea

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i have (had) a perfect perc but last night must have bumped his noggin and has a small scrape on the white bar. will this heal back to white? what can i do if anything to help him heal?

It should heal back.
Do you have a QT?
Are you sure it is a scrape?
Can you get a pic?
I'm going to move this to sick fish.

it looks like a physical scrape, not too deep but took a fine layer of white off the top of his head. the tank is right next to where i sit, and last night i noticed a quick splashing sound up near the corner top of the tank where he sleeps, like he got spooked by something, i'm thinking he scraped his head on the cross brace. i don't have anything in the tank that would have attacked him. i'm just bummed because he has perfect colors and markings and i hoping that it will turn back white. is there any type of food additive that helps in healing?

He should heal back OK If that is just a scrape.You could add garlic to your fish food that will boost his immune system. Sometimes but rarely they can get a secondary infection.

Back
Top Bottom