Clown fish with hole in its head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grant_tseu

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
One of my clown fish has a small hole in its head that does not go all the way threw, but goes deep enough to show his flesh on the inside. It has started to worry me and I was wondering if any of you knew what it could be and how to treat it

This is a picture of the other side of his head where it is less prominent, but you can still see the smaller indentations on this side.

Will try to add another picture of the main problem if I can get a clear picture (he moves around too much for a clear pic)

IMG_1215.jpg

Can you tell us more about the system and how long you've had the fish?

I'd recommend by doing large water changes on the system with ro/di water for starters. This will be on top of the weekly 10% that you should already be doing.

Ok, will do...

I’ve hade the fish for about 3 months, I’ve got a fluval canister filter with a hang on the back protein skimmer. The tank is rectangular 60 gallons.

Make sure you’re cleaning the canister filter during your water changes. These things get packed with funk and are notorious nitrate traps in saltwater.

Back
Top Bottom