Clown goby whiteish-yellow bumps hanging off body

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a clown goby on friday and he has these yellow-white bumps all over him, i dont think its ich because they are kinda flemsey. Im gonna put him in a 10g QT. Can anyone ID this sickness/parasite?

A pic

image-3185844222.jpg

You can kinda see it near his gills, its all over his fins and body aswell. Sorry for bad ipad pic

Last edited:
forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/127007/faqs-fish-diseases-treatments-quarantine-health-info#post_2076263

copy the link into your browser and check the bottom of the page. The hippo tang and the heniochus pictures particularly

forums.saltwaterfish.com/t/127007/faqs-fish-diseases-treatments-quarantine-health-info#post_2076263

copy the link into your browser and check the bottom of the page. The hippo tang and the heniochus pictures particularly

Link didnt come up. What should i search?

Wait, found it! Yeah thats what it is :( how fast does it spread??? I will have his QT up by wednesday. Is that to late?

cdn.saltwaterfish.com/c/c4/c402a7bf_lymphohippo.jpg

assets.saltwaterfish.com.s3.amazonaws.com/d/d1/d12e233c_vbattach240964.jpg

try copy and pasting those. I am not sure why it will not link it

cdn.saltwaterfish.com/c/c4/c402a7bf_lymphohippo.jpg

assets.saltwaterfish.com.s3.amazonaws.com/d/d1/d12e233c_vbattach240964.jpg

try copy and pasting those. I am not sure why it will not link it

I know i already found it, how quick does the disease spread? I will have the gobys QT on wednesday, could it spread by then?

it is a virus and nothing can be done about it. You have to just keep water clean and wait out the month or so the virus last while making sure you don't get a secondary issue . The good news is the virus can only be transfered to another goby since there is a different strain of virus for each type of fish . So the strain you have can only effect gobies. If you don't have any other gobies it will be fine .

it is a virus and nothing can be done about it. You have to just keep water clean and wait out the month or so the virus last while making sure you don't get a secondary issue . The good news is the virus can only be transfered to another goby since there is a different strain of virus for each type of fish . So the strain you have can only effect gobies. If you don't have any other gobies it will be fine .

Wait so it cant be transferd to other fish besides clown gobys? I have two purple fire fish gobys, wuld they get it

Im pretty sure that it came from the store, a couple other fish had it but i assumed it was no big deal. He eats whenever somthing floats by, ive read it only gets onto fish with weak immune systems, my other gobies eat well and look healthy

Yea as far as illnesses go lympho is not a big deal at all.

Ok thanks, starting to think it is somthing else though... He took a little swim around the tank and they seem to be see through bumps and yellow bumbs. A couple of white ones on his body, and some clusterd bumps on his fins. Best pics i could get
Look at the fins
image-2385871516.jpg

Look at the fins
image-2122057158.jpg

Body and fins

image-3489515281.jpg

Look at the Fins

image-3944863741.jpg

Look at the body

image-1872489847.jpg

I still can't tell from the pics. Lympho doesn't look the same all the time since what you are seeing deformed cells that are caused by it. Some cells can be more deformed than others. You have to be the judge of what it is since I can't tell from the pics. Lympho the only thing I can think of that fits the description though .

I still can't tell from the pics. Lympho doesn't look the same all the time since what you are seeing deformed cells that are caused by it. Some cells can be more deformed than others. You have to be the judge of what it is since I can't tell from the pics. Lympho the only thing I can think of that fits the description though .

Well i guess i will put him into a QT just to be on the safe side. Should i put a fake acropora piece in there to mimic a real one? Also what would be best if i dint know what it is? Copper?

Just give it some hiding spots or some PVC to hide in . I wouldn't rush to treat with copper but if you feel like it comes to that at some point I would recommend cupramine. It's still copper but it is much easier on the fish.

Just give it some hiding spots or some PVC to hide in . I wouldn't rush to treat with copper but if you feel like it comes to that at some point I would recommend cupramine. It's still copper but it is much easier on the fish.

Ok i will. Ive heard that some pvc will float. Will 1" sink? Took a good 10min look at him and am a little worried, the bumps are getting worse, spreading. Might judt setup the QT tommarow. Also should i take a small piece of filter pad from the cansiter filter and stick in the QT? Is it ok to have 20g heater and filter on this tank? I will be useing them from my 20g fresh and replaceing them with a new filter and heater. Is it possible to over filter? And the last Q. Should i make a new batch of SW to put the giby in or drain 10Gs from the display?

Back
Top Bottom