Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-02-2005, 01:56 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to LIMentality420 Send a message via Yahoo to LIMentality420
clown got caught in powerhead

my clown got caught in the powerhead, i think he might of been in there the most 45 mins..is he gonna die ? hes swimming around the top on the tank now looking stressed. hope he makes it...

0.1 Flying Gecko
LIMentality420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 02:02 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Sorry to hear this. Did your PH come with any kind of guard?
Keep an eye on him and try to keep the water quality high and the stress factor low.
Do you see any physical injuries?

Old 05-02-2005, 06:04 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

I have had this happen in the past twice when trying to keep Perculas or Ocies. They get caught in the intake so easily because of their swimming style. The only way to prevent it is to use a sponge on the intake to reduce the suction. Sorry to hear about it.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:52 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I lost a beautiful butterflyfish that was doing great in my aquarium! I was so proud, I bought the fish on an impulse to find that its a difficult species to keep, well it was doing great, it was even eating flake food! And one day after doing some cleaning I left a powerhead on in the tank that I usually leave off (because it had no guard in place) and durring cleaning I had twisted the powerhead so that it pulls in water from the side, soon I found myself with a dead fish... that was a sad day... it really turned me off to salt water, luckily I am working my way back to the point where I can buy new stuff. But just thinking about it is so sad.

Good luck to your fish, I cant wait untill I have my clown fish!
-max
Old 05-02-2005, 07:59 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Regular

Send a message via AIM to LIMentality420 Send a message via Yahoo to LIMentality420
it's almost a day later and my clown is doing fine. he ate some food today and is swimming around. my aqua clear powerhead came with this attachment for a underground and i left it on and he was stuck in that little tube thing. i took that off and only the grate is sucking in water. Thanks for the concern
0.1 Flying Gecko
LIMentality420 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clown, powerhead

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com