clown got caught in powerhead

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LIMentality420

Aquarium Advice Regular
my clown got caught in the powerhead, i think he might of been in there the most 45 mins..is he gonna die ? hes swimming around the top on the tank now looking stressed. hope he makes it...

Sorry to hear this. Did your PH come with any kind of guard?
Keep an eye on him and try to keep the water quality high and the stress factor low.
Do you see any physical injuries?

I have had this happen in the past twice when trying to keep Perculas or Ocies. They get caught in the intake so easily because of their swimming style. The only way to prevent it is to use a sponge on the intake to reduce the suction. Sorry to hear about it.

I lost a beautiful butterflyfish that was doing great in my aquarium! I was so proud, I bought the fish on an impulse to find that its a difficult species to keep, well it was doing great, it was even eating flake food! And one day after doing some cleaning I left a powerhead on in the tank that I usually leave off (because it had no guard in place) and durring cleaning I had twisted the powerhead so that it pulls in water from the side, soon I found myself with a dead fish... that was a sad day... it really turned me off to salt water, luckily I am working my way back to the point where I can buy new stuff. But just thinking about it is so sad.

Good luck to your fish, I cant wait untill I have my clown fish!
-max

it's almost a day later and my clown is doing fine. he ate some food today and is swimming around. my aqua clear powerhead came with this attachment for a underground and i left it on and he was stuck in that little tube thing. i took that off and only the grate is sucking in water. Thanks for the concern

Back
Top Bottom