Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Clown help

He keeps doing this :s i dont understand hell stop swimming and rest in the sandbed, then hell lay on his side then start swimming/hovering, and repeat, he did eat this morning, seems like hea breathing fast? But my ammo is 0 been battling nitrates, just added a diy air driven skimmer, nitrates were under 10 ppm, any info? Its a tank raised oscellaris
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2982762066.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	140313   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2705057298.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	140314  

Old 12-29-2012, 06:38 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

How long have you had him? I've read somewhere that they sometimes sleep like that. Mine did that before he died. He only lived for 12hrs.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ive had him about 3 days now, its very odd yet peculiar.. I have no doubt in my mind since i have no idea what to do that if there is something wrong with him that i will loose him, my chromis is a ok loving life, i just hope its normal behaviour? Odd but normal maybe? He still has full swimming power... I notcied it took him a while to poop after i fed him some hikari marine s pellets and it was white and stringy but i dont think theres any parasites or infections going on
Old 12-29-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I've had my two clowns about a week, about three days in one was laying in the back on the sand, but didnt go onto his side..was getting worried was gonna pull him out for qt but decided to wait the night..next morning he was fine and has been since....I know not much help but he may just be resting...try feeding a bit and see if he reacts to the food.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

If he spends more time swimming then laying down then don't worry too much about it. Clowns sleep in peculiar ways when they don't host an anemone. Mine sleeps in the corner of my tank.

Name:	image-787679414.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	140733
Old 12-31-2012, 12:50 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hes swimming around almost vertically near the top, hes being a picky eater now but seems fine? Wont eat the hikari marine s pellets or instant ocean herbivore or omnivore flakes which he ate his first day in his tank i have mysis but am worried that one cube will be to much in my ten gallon with just a picky clown and a bi color chromis peppermint shrimp gsp and frogspawn and 3 astreaa and 1 turbo
Old 12-31-2012, 12:55 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimdim View Post
Hes swimming around almost vertically near the top, hes being a picky eater now but seems fine? Wont eat the hikari marine s pellets or instant ocean herbivore or omnivore flakes which he ate his first day in his tank i have mysis but am worried that one cube will be to much in my ten gallon with just a picky clown and a bi color chromis peppermint shrimp gsp and frogspawn and 3 astreaa and 1 turbo
Cut a cube in half.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:28 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Help! I came home this morning to this! Could i use a styrofoam container as a qt tank? His belly is sucked in, and hes breathing really heavy? Was wondering what i can do! All i have is some melafix, as ive never had to treat anything else ! Everything else in my tank is a ok! Ammonia 0 dkh 12 nitrates now under control at 10 and dropping, sg 1.25 temp 77
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-701578017.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	140992   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2112079029.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	117.0 KB
ID:	140993  

Old 01-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

If your nitrates spiked, that could stress him enough to do that. I hope your salinity is 1.025 and not 1.25. Doesn't look good to me. Sorry about your loss.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:53 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yea i mean 1.025, sorry lol, and ive just started running a protien skimmer to help out with trates, im having a hard time keeping my water level topped up with the correct salinty at a constant pace

Tags
clown

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com