Clown help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dimdim

Aquarium Advice FINatic
He keeps doing this :s i dont understand hell stop swimming and rest in the sandbed, then hell lay on his side then start swimming/hovering, and repeat, he did eat this morning, seems like hea breathing fast? But my ammo is 0 been battling nitrates, just added a diy air driven skimmer, nitrates were under 10 ppm, any info? Its a tank raised oscellaris

Attachments

• image-2982762066.jpg
    image-2982762066.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 123
  • image-2705057298.jpg
    image-2705057298.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 147
How long have you had him? I've read somewhere that they sometimes sleep like that. Mine did that before he died. He only lived for 12hrs.

Ive had him about 3 days now, its very odd yet peculiar.. I have no doubt in my mind since i have no idea what to do that if there is something wrong with him that i will loose him, my chromis is a ok loving life, i just hope its normal behaviour? Odd but normal maybe? He still has full swimming power... I notcied it took him a while to poop after i fed him some hikari marine s pellets and it was white and stringy but i dont think theres any parasites or infections going on

I've had my two clowns about a week, about three days in one was laying in the back on the sand, but didnt go onto his side..was getting worried was gonna pull him out for qt but decided to wait the night..next morning he was fine and has been since....I know not much help but he may just be resting...try feeding a bit and see if he reacts to the food.

If he spends more time swimming then laying down then don't worry too much about it. Clowns sleep in peculiar ways when they don't host an anemone. Mine sleeps in the corner of my tank.

image-787679414.jpg

Hes swimming around almost vertically near the top, hes being a picky eater now but seems fine? Wont eat the hikari marine s pellets or instant ocean herbivore or omnivore flakes which he ate his first day in his tank i have mysis but am worried that one cube will be to much in my ten gallon with just a picky clown and a bi color chromis peppermint shrimp gsp and frogspawn and 3 astreaa and 1 turbo

Hes swimming around almost vertically near the top, hes being a picky eater now but seems fine? Wont eat the hikari marine s pellets or instant ocean herbivore or omnivore flakes which he ate his first day in his tank i have mysis but am worried that one cube will be to much in my ten gallon with just a picky clown and a bi color chromis peppermint shrimp gsp and frogspawn and 3 astreaa and 1 turbo

Cut a cube in half.

Help! I came home this morning to this! Could i use a styrofoam container as a qt tank? His belly is sucked in, and hes breathing really heavy? Was wondering what i can do! All i have is some melafix, as ive never had to treat anything else ! Everything else in my tank is a ok! Ammonia 0 dkh 12 nitrates now under control at 10 and dropping, sg 1.25 temp 77

Attachments

• image-701578017.jpg
    image-701578017.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 90
  • image-2112079029.jpg
    image-2112079029.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 83
If your nitrates spiked, that could stress him enough to do that. I hope your salinity is 1.025 and not 1.25. Doesn't look good to me. Sorry about your loss.

Yea i mean 1.025, sorry lol, and ive just started running a protien skimmer to help out with trates, im having a hard time keeping my water level topped up with the correct salinty at a constant pace

Yea i mean 1.025, sorry lol, and ive just started running a protien skimmer to help out with trates, im having a hard time keeping my water level topped up with the correct salinty at a constant pace

When you top off the tank next time, use a magic marker to make a little both where the water level is. How big is your tank again? And are you topping with fresh water?

I have used that exact method, marked with a marker, and am topping off with freshwater, its a 10 gallon nano im experiencing rather large daily top offs for some reason and there is a hood on my tank

It's extremely hard to maintain water quality in a 10 gallon. Minor changes show up as major changes when there isn't very much water volume. It'll be really hard to maintain a stable salinity in a tank that size but it can be done. Lots of people do it.

I agree, i have a 40 gallon breeder with a pair of red bellie pirhana in it which i am going to convert into a reef tank this coming year, started the nano ten gallon to start my collection of frags and a few inverts, going to use a few small pieces of lr to seed the tank and the nano will become my sump/fuge

Hes still alive! I dont understand, hes trying to eat like ive been spot feeding him, i just dont know what to do ! Hes still all over the sandbedlaying and breathing heavy still :(

Back
Top Bottom