Clown not eating!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TKEON230

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got 2 new O. Clownfish yesterday and since I've had them in my tank they haven't eaten yet. I've tried Formula 1 pellets, Formula 2 flakes, Reef Formula flakes, and frozen Mysis Shrimp. Do fish just do that when they are adjusting to a new tank? The food just floats right by them and they aren't even interested. They are extremely energetic, however. They swim all over the tank together and enjoy darting right at the powerheads just for the challenge of swimming against the current. I don't think they are sick or anything, they just won't eat. Does anybody have any suggestions/comforting words ;)

Thanks!

that is a heck of alot of food in a 24 hour period. Give them time to settle in and they will eat soon enough. I would not worry unless they are acting ill.

I put in extremely tiny bits, though. 1 flake of Formula 2, a couple pellets of Formula 1, 1 flake of Reef Formula, and 1/2 a cube of shrimp. My 2 cleaner shrimp and my nassarius snails ate everything after it sank, so nothing dissolved into the water. Thanks for the advice.

Well I suggest feeding them frozen foods, as all my fish gobbled it up and didn't even touch the flakes, and they just need time to adjust. New tank, New environment, they are a little stressed right now and should eat within a week. THis is perfectly normal behavior.

Thanks for the comforting words everybody! I've been trying to do everything correct from day 1 and with them not eating scared me. I'll just trying putting in a small amount of food every day until they eat. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom