Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-04-2003, 02:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Clown question

Hi all,
My two false percs started acting a little funny this week. They are staying very low in the tank and close to the holes and caves in the LR. They seem to be eating ok....The larger (female) of the two has always been a monster when it comes to feeding...but the male seems like he's not interested too much in eating until later in the day. The two stay within inches of each other all day now...whereas previously they would swim the entire tank. I think perhaps they are getting ready to spawn....but I would like to catch anything early if there is a problem.
My question is do male clowns change their eating habits around the time they begin to spawn....my tank is a 75 gal W/ LR, DSB, and skimmer. All levels (ammonia, PH, nitrites and nitrates look good.
thanks
travis

Old 10-04-2003, 06:34 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
My question is do male clowns change their eating habits around the time they begin to spawn....
They will defer to the female when getting ready to spawn, and usually will not leave the eggs once they have spawned. Have you checked the caves for eggs?

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2003, 05:31 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

I have been checking regularly but unable to find them...the male just seems to be hovering over one place pretty much all day. I guess I will just have to wait and see as either fish are showing any signs or illness...
Old 10-09-2003, 05:44 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Lordlars
I personally have not breed clowns but I have been looking to do this and have been reading tons of info on it one of the things I know they had mentioned many times is that these fish get very aggressive towards things that approach them have you seen them act in this manner towards other fish in the tank.

Tags
clown

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com