Clown with Brooklynellosis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

havefun

Aquarium Advice Freak
I purchased a clown a few days ago, looked fine at the lfs. Currently he is in QT but he's gotten rather pale and has some slime hanging from him. From what I have found I *think* it is brooklynellosis. If you need a pic I can try to get one but I think it may be difficult to see what I'm talking about.
Is the standard treatment for it a formalin bath? If so, can someone point me to or give me details on how that is done exactly.

Thank you.

Thanks for the links. From those and other research I did I'm pretty sure it was brooklynella. Unfortunately he didn't make it.
The one clown I have was tank bred/raised and I have since learned that they are much hardier than wild caught, because of this I will make sure my next clown purchase is not wild caught.

Now for my next question - how do I go about cleaning out the qt/filter etc to make sure the next fish I put in does not contract this?

Probably you best bet would be to clean it out. Empty it and add a cap of bleach to a bucket of water and really clean it out. Let it air dry and then get it going with some dechlorinator for good measure. Make sure it does air dry completely for a few days.

Back
Top Bottom