Clown with ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelfish56

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I noticed some white spots on his back and side fin I think it's ick if it is what med is safe for corals

I have corals and other inverts will it hurt and how do you do the thing you mentioned

curing is time sensitive. ich attack is useless; recommend quik cure in qt and dont use mt water or u will transfer disease

Copper safe is good. It treats velvet ich and all that good stuff. You have to use Qt obviously since it has copper

Angelfish56,

I'm in the same boat. I didn't use a QT, and the last fish I introduced to my main display broke out in ich 3 days later.

I just finished setting up a QT and moving ALL 6 fish in there. I'm going to give the hyposalinity a try. Unfortunately, it can't be done in the main tank because I have live rock and snails and crabs -- the low salinity will kill them.

So tomorrow starts Day 1 of probably 60 days lol ... This really sucks! I will always quarantine now.

all4wheels2 said:
Angelfish56,

I'm in the same boat. I didn't use a QT, and the last fish I introduced to my main display broke out in ich 3 days later.

I just finished setting up a QT and moving ALL 6 fish in there. I'm going to give the hyposalinity a try. Unfortunately, it can't be done in the main tank because I have live rock and snails and crabs -- the low salinity will kill them.

So tomorrow starts Day 1 of probably 60 days lol ... This really sucks! I will always quarantine now.

I did hypo for 6 weeks this summer, it is actually pretty calming on the fish. Good luck! I now have a mandarin, lawnmower blenny and six spot goby in QT awaiting 6 weeks of quarantine before putting in DT, the clowns that went through hypo are back in DT. They were the only survivors of my ich outbreak.

I did hypo for 6 weeks this summer, it is actually pretty calming on the fish. Good luck! I now have a mandarin, lawnmower blenny and six spot goby in QT awaiting 6 weeks of quarantine before putting in DT, the clowns that went through hypo are back in DT. They were the only survivors of my ich outbreak.
Exactly,,so many people are so afraid to put their" poor fish " through hypo,but don't blink twice about dumping smelly chemicals that turn your water brown or cloudy into their tanks...
Hypo is proven and works when done correctly every time,,and "is" calming to the fish..they actually breath and relax better in lower salinity

Can anyone get the second link to work? (Part I) I'm on my phone or I could probably find the article myself.

sfgiantfan said:
Can anyone get the second link to work? (Part I) I'm on my phone or I could probably find the article myself.

I couldn't get it to work from any link I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom