clownfish disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikey_m

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I purchased a porky puffer yesterday and this morning a clownfish was gone, when purchasing it I asked the sales advisor if they eat other fish and he insisted oh no not at all!

There's no possible way it's escaped the tank because there is no way it can do this? So puffer experts would my puffer eat a clownfish.

It didn't eat it.
Can you tell us more about the system? Size, current parameters, so on?
If the tank isn't big enough or not enough places to hide bullying or stress could have killed the clownfish, or even an ammonia spike. The same stress can cause fish to jump and go carpet surfing.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

It didn't eat it.
Can you tell us more about the system? Size, current parameters, so on?
If the tank isn't big enough or not enough places to hide bullying or stress could have killed the clownfish, or even an ammonia spike. The same stress can cause fish to jump and go carpet surfing.

It's the fluval m90 set up (135L) we have made a top of the tank so there's no way it could of escaped, we've moved the rocks and nothing to be shown! We fed misses puffer a muscle earlier and she swallowed it whole I therefore still believe she swallows my common clown whole.

These puffers don't eat fish, they eat invertebrates. More specifically hard shelled inverts so they can wear down Their constantly growing teeth.

That aside, these fish need much larger tanks than a 35 gallon. Even in a 180 gallon tank they can display aggression on their tank mates. They leave circular holes in fins and is pretty easy to recognize.

These puffers don't eat fish, they eat invertebrates. More specifically hard shelled inverts so they can wear down Their constantly growing teeth.

That aside, these fish need much larger tanks than a 35 gallon. Even in a 180 gallon tank they can display aggression on their tank mates. They leave circular holes in fins and is pretty easy to recognize.

Ah thank you, we'll see how the puffer gets on.

Back
Top Bottom