Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-05-2009, 09:51 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
clownfish facing upwards

I bought a new clownfish it was going well for the first two days but now it seems to be sad and it has gone to the bottom of my tank facing upwards (straight). Sometimes it goes to the top of my tank again facing upwards.

Please help !!!

Kind Regards,
Gulzar Ahmed

gulzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:15 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
What are your water parameters?

jonnythan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #3
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Moved to the sick fish forum. I agree that we need some numbers. The first thing I would do right away is a 25% PWC just in case your water parameters are off.
melosu58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:19 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to catmel
When is this happening? All the time or after you turn the lights off etc? My clowns, for some odd reason find it comfortable to swim vertical when they are 'sleeping' after the lights go off. I do agree though if you can get pictures, as well as water parameters ( ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph , salinity, temp) it may help.
75 Gallon Saltwater Reef

Just your average LVT (licenced vet tech) trying to help the world's animals!!
- Melinda
catmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:53 AM   #5
AA Team Emeritus
I'd just post information about your tank, anything you can think of along with water parameters. How is the breathing rate of the clownfish? Any redness?
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote

clown, clownfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com