Clownfish has a red sore.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jmartin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
New to the whole saltwater world and the fish store I have in town doesn't seem to know much i was wondering if any of you could tell me what the raised red bump near my clownfishes mouth is. It is swimming normal as of now I just need to know a possible fix to this, its not to pleasing to look at and I'm not sure if it could be contagious.

Attachments

• DSC_0369.jpg
    DSC_0369.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 231
jmartin said:
New to the whole saltwater world and the fish store I have in town doesn't seem to know much i was wondering if any of you could tell me what the raised red bump near my clownfishes mouth is. It is swimming normal as of now I just need to know a possible fix to this, its not to pleasing to look at and I'm not sure if it could be contagious.

What other fish do you have stocked in the tank, could be a cut from a fight.

There are 2 green chromis, 3 other clowns and a black clown.

jmartin said:
There are 2 green chromis, 3 other clowns and a black clown.

Yep thats the problem, with more than one clown pair in the tank there will be fighting and probably deaths.

With clowns there is only 1 female in the group and 1 breeding male, the others will fight to become the breeding male. Sorry but too many clowns.

This sore has now progressed to a large white blister, the size of it fluctuates slightly. Setting up the QT now any suggestions what to treat this with?

Back
Top Bottom