Clownfish has mark on back side

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fijiwigi

Aquarium Advice Addict
here is a pic of my clown he has had this black spot on him for a while he still is acting just fine no problems whatsever just wondering if anybody had any insight on this black spot on my fish. It is causing no ill affect at all. more like a birthmark.

img_904612_0_ba29d40989b0874ed9c5cf779173fb7a.jpg

What other corals do you have in the tank?
Water parameters?
It's frontal side doesn't look so great either.

Possible blotching from coral nematocysts if it has been swimming within lps coral tissues. I do see some white marks in various areas, first dorsal and caudal, but that could be random snow from the camera or within the water column?...

mine is goin through the same thing, from what i understand, it is trying to get used to a coral that it wants to host and it gets stung leaving a black mark. mine is doin this with a frogspawn but he has stopped trying now and its subsiding. it may decide to host it and the black marks will only go away if the coral is removed or the fish is removed. on the other hand, it may stop trying like mine did and the stuff will go away.

Ok just tested paramaters to be honest I haven't tested in about 2 months here is the results

ammonia 0ppm API
Nitrate 0PPM API
Calcium 440 ppm API
Alkalinity 100 mg/L Hagen
Phospate 0ppm Hagen
Salinity 1.025
temperature 81.6 digital
Corals lets see Frogspawn / Hammer / Green Ricrodea / favia brain / and a bunch of polyps mushrooms etc...

Tank mates starfish/orange spotted goby/pistol shrimp and cleaner shrimp/blue devil damsel/3 stripe damsel/ and a bunch of snails

My guess is that it's been getting friendly with the frogspawn. Agree with Innovator though... seems like there's some white blotchiness here and there also. Is that just the picture or is it on the fish?

Back
Top Bottom