clownfish ick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Red44

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I have two clownfish you have this white spot on there chins two it looked like ick yesterday the white has gone and it turned red then to day it's back two white is this ick? or they just nipping each other on chins? And if it is ick how can I get rid of it with out a qt? I added two cleaner shrimp too day if that would help

QT the fish and treat them for ich. you can treat the QT tank with copper or hypo salinity but that will only help the fish, the ich parasite will still be in yourr main system.

Marine Ich

cleaner shrimp can also help control it or eliminate it but i wouldn't count on it

Hi I can't qt them cause I don't have a tank and the time to get one

I was looking at some ick pics and it looks okie more of a fungus

if you ever need to QT them, you can always use a rubbermaid container to keep them in. its more just to keep them in a safe spot so you can treat them rather then a place for viewing

Here's a photo I'll tried my best to get a clear shot hope it shows the pics

Attachments

• image-1029524073.jpg
    image-1029524073.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 123
  • image-3948513929.jpg
    image-3948513929.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 86
  • image-1578616938.jpg
    image-1578616938.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 87
Same thing is happening with my clowns...since this is my first tank setup It's seems silly but what"s qt??? How do I do it???

Qt is a quarantine tank. A small and very bare tank so that you can treat sick fish and a place to put your fish when you first get them for a few weeks to make sure they aren't sick. :)

So it's it's basically a separate tank?? Do I get them frm acquarium shop????

You can just go to walmart and buy a 10g tank for like $12 and add a heater and a small filter. thats about all you need for a qt. No gravel or rock, but you can put in a piece of white pvc pipe for him to hide in :)

Back
Top Bottom