clownfish ... ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have a digital cam but they keep swimming and i can't get a clean shot.

so.. Cupramine will be a good medi to treat ich?

Cupramine is an excellent treatment for C. irritrans, just be sure you get Seachems corresponding multitest copper kit so you get accurate readings of the copper treatment level. As always, be sure you treat in a proper quarantine tank and not the main display.

Cheers
Steve

ok... i treat my clown with RID*ICH by kordon brand. it was ok last time, i put the medi by following the instruction. this morning when i woke up, i was freak out. the color of the fish almost fade out and one of them was lying on the ground and breathe heavily. as i know when fish has that behavior. it going to say bye bye to me. i was so scare but i can't do anything till i get off work.
now, i am off work. keep praying for them when i opening my door. the wired thing is they are all ok now. colors come back (of course till have some fade out) and they eat and swim like normal.
why is this happening?
i turn off the light at night and turn it back on during the day.

can someone tell me why?

one more Q, when i give then treatment. what is the salinity should i keep?

leesanhua said:
ok... i treat my clown with RID*ICH by kordon brand. it was ok last time, i put the medi by following the instruction. this morning when i woke up, i was freak out. the color of the fish almost fade out and one of them was lying on the ground and breathe heavily. as i know when fish has that behavior.
Many species of fish will lie dormant at night and their color will fade. It's a natural response to lack of light usually. It may look worse than normal due to the ailment the fish has.

one more Q, when i give then treatment. what is the salinity should i keep?
Rid Ich is not going to help you much but as far as the salinity goes, maintain it as normal. It does not need to be manipulated for this treatment. So far from what I'm hearing, the clown may or may not have ick but the signs are pointing towards something else as well. Do a google search for Brooklynella hostilis.

Cheers
Steve

i just bought another medi for the clown called cupermine.
if i want to use this medi, should i change the whole tank of water? or half? how should i do it?
because the LFS told me that i cannot mix the medi with other brand of medi.
i was using RID*ICH by kordon brand. And now, i'm trying to use cupermine by seachem.

Cupramine can only be used when the fish is in a quarantine tank and cannot be added to the main tank. To remove the previous med (Rid Ich), do several large water changes and use some activated carbon.

Cheers
Steve

Make sure the carbon is removed before adding the Cupramine. It will sorb the copper out of solution. Also be sure you follow the direction on the copper additions to the letter. Do you have a proper copper test kit, if so what brand?

Cheers
Steve

Aquarium Pharmaceuticals test kit will measure the copper but it's not as accurate as the Seachem multitest copper kit. If the LFS has the Seachem brand, try exchanging it if possible. You should be fine otherwise though.

Be sure you get a good ammonia test kit though. The amines in the Cupramine will show false possiitives on most test kits. Salicylate test kits will read the ammonia levels but are generally inaccurate. A Seachem ammonia alert badge would be a plus.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom