Clownfish losing its color

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sharkfin

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi there everyone, Im new around here. Ive had a couple of ocellaris at home for 3 years already. Over the last year Ive noticed that one of them is less orange, it used to be stronger when I bought him. They eat spirulina, dried krill and some marine pellets. 20gl tank, changes every other week 25%, 1.022, 24 degrees, ph 8.3. What could the reason be? Maybe the food?

Hi there everyone, Im new around here. Ive had a couple of ocellaris at home for 3 years already. Over the last year Ive noticed that one of them is less orange, it used to be stronger when I bought him. They eat spirulina, dried krill and some marine pellets. 20gl tank, changes every other week 25%, 1.022, 24 degrees, ph 8.3. What could the reason be? Maybe the food?

Fish generally lose their color if they are undernourished (doesn't sound like yours is though) or stressed. Is your clown being bullied?

Actually no, that one specifically is the biggest and chases the other sometimes. Im like what the clown? They eat well and all in the tank is balanced, I dont have corals though, just artificial ones

Try some algae flakes aswell might help. When first got mine one killed the other and when took the dead one out the other one turned white but colour came back thank god as was freaking out big time haha. Read that clowns spouse to go bit darker with age

Your salinity is a little low. I would suggest topping off till you get around 1.024-1.025. You want to mimic the ocean parameters as close as you can to reduce stress.

I doubt it would have anything to do with the salinity. A lot of people with fish only tanks run their salinity as low as 0.020

Lol I think u meant 1.020, but I agree salinity shouldn't matter, stress or diet. I agree mix in some algae flakes, might help with color..

Back
Top Bottom