ClownFish tale Deteriorating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gizmo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I've had my 2 clown fishes for about 5 months now. I just notcied that one of them don't look so good. She just lying on the bottom and i noticed her tale fin is Deteriorating really badly..she has lost half of her tale and its gone kind white as well. The other clown fish seemed find. I have a very small tank and the only thing i keep in my tank is the 2 clown fish and a turbo snail. Do you guys have any idea on what is wrong with her?
Has she contacted some kind of disease? I change my water once every 2 weeks. My tank is only 26litres.
I buy my water from the fish store.
I'm kinda worried i dont think she gona live she looks pretty sick. I did a water test and everything is good. pls help :(

Am I doing it right that that's 7 US gallons? That's probably not big enough for 2 clownfish . . . it sounds like fin rot, which is usually a water quality issue. When you say the water is good--can you post the exact results? I think people will be able to help you better.

Bacterial Fin Rot
Another disease brought on by poor water conditions, this bacterial infection is identified by a reddening of the base of the fins and anus. Fins are often found closed, frayed, or decaying. It's best to test the water to identify the stressor, and/or look for physical signs of stress. Once the stressor is removed and the disease is identified, treat with a medication for bacterial infections

http://www.versaquatics.com/saltwater_disease charts.htm

I lost a clown to fin rot because my tank overcycled due to my overstockign when I first started in the hobby. Hard thing to combat but I would try some melafix or something of that nature and hope for the best. Try to keep the stress down. I would decrease the circulation to a minimal level personally to keep it from overworkign itself until it begins to improve.

Back
Top Bottom