Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 10-11-2004, 09:18 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ClownFish tale Deteriorating

I've had my 2 clown fishes for about 5 months now. I just notcied that one of them don't look so good. She just lying on the bottom and i noticed her tale fin is Deteriorating really badly..she has lost half of her tale and its gone kind white as well. The other clown fish seemed find. I have a very small tank and the only thing i keep in my tank is the 2 clown fish and a turbo snail. Do you guys have any idea on what is wrong with her?
Has she contacted some kind of disease? I change my water once every 2 weeks. My tank is only 26litres.
I buy my water from the fish store.
I'm kinda worried i dont think she gona live she looks pretty sick. I did a water test and everything is good. pls help

gizmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 12:28 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
Am I doing it right that that's 7 US gallons? That's probably not big enough for 2 clownfish . . . it sounds like fin rot, which is usually a water quality issue. When you say the water is good--can you post the exact results? I think people will be able to help you better.

Bacterial Fin Rot
Another disease brought on by poor water conditions, this bacterial infection is identified by a reddening of the base of the fins and anus. Fins are often found closed, frayed, or decaying. It's best to test the water to identify the stressor, and/or look for physical signs of stress. Once the stressor is removed and the disease is identified, treat with a medication for bacterial infections

75-gallon SW tank with 29-gallon sump
Euroreef ES5-3
2x Maxijet powerheads
Mag drive 9 return
Coralife 4x65 Lunar Aqualight
120 lbs rock from liverocks.com
1 peppermint shrimp and 1 fire shrimp (very shy)
2 black Ocellaris, Squish and Smudge
3 chromis, too identical to name as yet, in QT
10-gallon tropical
29-gallon with two goldies, Carrot and Orangehead
blorkiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2004, 11:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
I lost a clown to fin rot because my tank overcycled due to my overstockign when I first started in the hobby. Hard thing to combat but I would try some melafix or something of that nature and hope for the best. Try to keep the stress down. I would decrease the circulation to a minimal level personally to keep it from overworkign itself until it begins to improve.
MattP725 is offline   Reply With Quote

clown, clownfish, rio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com