CLOWNFISH - Two For One Special

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

myJUMBOshrimp

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
About 3 weeks ago I posted a question about my two tank raised Black Saddleback Clowns and what Anemone should should be matched with them. I was advised NOT to add an anenome, because of their life expectancy and how picky they are for beginners. Well, I was a rebel and was pursuaded by a pet shop owner to purchase a Carpet Anenome (along with a Coral Beauty Angel) about a week ago. Salesmen love me because I am a impulse shopper, I wanted this beauty in my tank and couldnt say no. So I added it to my tank about a week ago, and the clowns havent gone near it. I wanted to grab them and shove them in the carpet. (and i know everyone here had those same thought at one point or another, so dont lie lol). So i came to the conclusion that my tank raised clowns were mentally impaired.
Today, i sat in front of my tank and peered inside to see what new things i could find on the live rock. The clowns started begging for some food, and somehow new right where i was looking because they decided to get in my way craving some attention i guess. So i dropped some food (shrimp) on the other side of the tank just to give me some space to look around. The clownfish ate, and then started hiding food in the anenome! They were protecting the food from all the other fish by chasing away them away when they got too close. The clownfish were chillin inside the Carpet ! YAY!! A small but VERY happy moment for me!
Then about an hour ago, I noticed the larger Clown swimming in front of the smaller one, kinda on its side, and it was twitching its fins! I am not too sure, but it looks like they are about to "do the thing"! I am kinda scared though, because I have no idea what to do for these babies when they arive, and there is not to much info on the net about Clown babies.Anyways, today was a "saltwater moment of history" for me.

Also, i think i have some kind of polyps growing in my tank. They are small, but growing daily. They are brownish with a stem, clustered in different places on the live rock, with a tint of green in the middle, and they have very small strings or something waving around. I hope its not some kind of fungus that has never been discovered before now lol.

God, I love this hobby.

The carpet is about the size of a softball, and is bright white with a pinkish tint. I have no idea what kind it is, it was just priced as a carpet anemone. I wanted to get a blue carpet, but then i found out how large they get.

and...

And it just died :!: ... Aint that a lesson learned to ALWAYS listen to the staff of Aquarium Advice. I was told not to get a anemone, but nooooo. I had to buy it. It started looking all greenish, losing ALL of its white color. Then it started shrinking, I mean into a little golf ball. I killed it i guess, and my clowns just started to like the thing. Funny thing is, my Coral Beauty Angel seemed to like taking bites out of the carpet anemone for a while, so it was either eating it, or it was eating food stuck in it. I was suprised the dwarf angel didnt become anemone food. Hmmm, maybe thats what killed the carpet.

Anyways, new question. Will two Dwarf Angels fight in a 55 gallon tank? As i stated before , i have a Coral Beauty Dwarf Angel and my local pet shop just suggested i get a BiColor Dwarf Angel. She all of a sudden recieved on in todays shipment, so she called me and informed me has one. It has a bright blue face with a bright blue body, and would look great in my tank. So if anyone had any luck with two dwarf angels, please let me know. Thanks!

Well, I cant edit my question, so please dont think i am spamming. I made a typo in the above question. The BiColor Angel has a bright blue face with a bright YELLOW body.

LFS should have known better than to sell an anemone and an angel. Cuz if im not mistaken they are one of the worst anemone nibblers there are. Correct me if im wrong.

Back
Top Bottom