Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-27-2007, 11:09 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi hi, I talked to my medicator-- She told me she uses "salon select" brand peroxide, I think it's very high grade/potent.. Maybe a hair salon can give you some. She tells me that she puts 1cc for 20 gallons-- very strong stuff-- in a quarantine tank. She says that it softens the lymph, and to try to gently scrape some off on a daily basis, and to treat with mela/pima between lymph removal sessions, I think in another bucket, to promote growth and health. Don't try to peel off too much at a time, because it could cause serious trauma/injury to the fish. HTH, it seems to work quite well on the angels we get at our holdings facility who have it really bad.

Nikkiheartsfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:48 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Regular
Thank you so much, I also went to local fish stores, and they treat with "quik fix" and suggested a fresh water dip. So far he's just doing great in the quarentine, I'm not finding anything that helps decide btwn the virus or if it's a fungal infection.

What treatments would be safe no matter which one it was? I did a 25% water change after the pima treatment. It didn't get worse, but not much better either

125 gal
180 lbs lr
30 gal sump/ refugium
3x 150w metal halide/2x39w and 2x24w t5 actinic
lbaier is offline   Reply With Quote

cloud, cloudy, clown, clownfish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com