clownfish with ich, NEED HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhawk__

Aquarium Advice Addict
The subject says it all. What do i do to help him, hes been in my 10 gallon fowlr for 3 weeks now and is just now getting it. I need help asap.

Ya set up a different tank and treat him with ich treatment from the store if the rest of your fish get infected treat them too.

So far I've just increased the temp in the tank, hes the only one in there but as I turnt on the lights today I didn't see any spots? Idk maybe I was just seeing things that day lol cause I don't think it couple have gone away in 2 days?

So far I've just increased the temp in the tank, hes the only one in there but as I turnt on the lights today I didn't see any spots? Idk maybe I was just seeing things that day lol cause I don't think it couple have gone away in 2 days?

The spots come and go in cycles. In about a week or 2 the spots will be back but they will be much worse.

you need to set up a qt and put all the fish in there and treat them with either copper or hypo and leave the dt without fish for 4 to 6 weeks to kill off any ich in the main tank cause if the other fish don't have it they soon will. Do not treat the main tank cause either treatment will kill any corals, or inverts. Make sure you watch for any ammonia spikes in the qt and do any necessary water changes. good luck

Back
Top Bottom