Clowns fighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LdIZzY

Aquarium Advice Activist
My clowns has been together over a year just fine... Until recently, I moved a colony of zoas that they were hosting and now one clown is beating up the other. Even a damsel is beating on the clown as well. What's the deal?!

Can u clarify on "together" . Do you mean they in the same tank or do u mean they paired up. If they only in the same tank but not paired up. When u introduce a hosting coral will increase the teritorial reaction. As for the other damsel simply just pick on the " weaker" one simply it is their nature behavior. If the clown were paired up, it could just a sight for fighting for the " dominant" one out of the 2, and the one winning will become the female is the two. I would suggest remove the one losing the fight if it is not a mated pair. I would remove the damsel if they are a mated pair

They are not mated but they are paired. They both were hosting a colony of zoas but I moved it and that's when the fighting began.

Reason I moved it is so they can host my anemone I have... But I'm gonna let it ride for a few more days and see what happens. Thanks for the advice.

My clown choose to host my toad stood instead of my rbta , it is not something they will do for sure

Back
Top Bottom