Condy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquanaut

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi

Is it normal for a Condy anenome to close up all of a sudden and have stringy mucous strands on it. Mine does it once in a while, like just now she closed up but was open beautifully just 10 mins ago. Should I be concerned or is thin normal behavior. Thanks

Could be something is irritating it. What are your water parameters (actual numbers) and what is near the anemone? Wouldn't hurt to include the types of inverts you have, age of set up and lighting...

Cheers
Steve

OK This tank is about 8 months old. There was nothing near Condy ( until she moved near my zoos ).I have just a few Turbo snails and blue legged hermits .
2 96watt 10k
2 96 watt Actinics
moonlights x 2

Water:
Temp 79
Cal. 420
Ph 8.5
Amon 0
Nit 0
Nitrates <.03
Phos <0.3- 0
SG 1.025

2 power heads for circulation
sump return on spraybar for more circulation

A little heavy on the light for that species but nothing I see that really looks out of sorts. Most likely a harmless reaction to something insignificant. As long as it returns to it's full healthy size, I wouldn't be too concerned.

Cheers
Steve

i have crabs said:
perhaps too much light?
Depends on the depth of the tank and exact species of condy. I doubt it's too much light but it is a possibility. Retracting is not always a bad sign or an indication of poor health. Light dependant species will sometimes withdraw for a time during the photoperiod if they've had enough. Very common with some soft coral species.

Pic?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom