Condy - lost a couple tentacles?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoot

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I noticed a few unmistakable bits of tentacles from my condy on the sand, a foot from him.

Sometimes my Parrotfish will snatch bits of mysis that the condy catches, and I've seen him take a small chunk off him before, but not like this.

Strange think is, that was 2 days ago, and the tentacle is still intact (small, reduced, but not at all deteriorating).

Condy's don't/can't multiply by shedding tentacles can they? I assume they can only spread by spliiting like BTA's.

BTW - the condy is fine, the tentacle that came off has already regrown an inch.

Just remember that parrot fish are not reef safe. It might be more than the mysis he`s going for. I hope not but keep a close eye out. Good Luck.

Nah, he never bugs him unless he's got mysis stuck to him. I usually watch when they're feeding and shoosh him away when he's eyeing mysis stuck on the condy. Other than this, the parrotfish has never bothered any inverts/corals - except to knock over small frags that weren't secured well.

Back
Top Bottom