Condy question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshpwolf

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is a color change normal in a condy anenome? When I put it in my tank it was white, now it seems to be turning a brown color. Is this normal?

ForumRunner_20121219_094618.jpg

Yep, thats normal. Most of the anemone's that are white are bleached out. Basically they expelled they're Zooxanthellea due to stress an to adjust to they're new environment. Once they're accustomed to they're new environment they will regain back their original color or be just brown under low lighting

Metal halides are great! Just give it some time to adjust . I think once acclimated to your light it will turn more like pink or light purple like most condy's are. It should be just fine. Good luck!

Possible.... How old are your bulbs if I may ask? It's also possible that your bulbs has shifted spectrums. Bulbs do that as they age. It's important to change your bulbs every 12 months or so

Hears a pic of mine I've had him a year when I got him he was whit know he's a greenish brown...

ForumRunner_20121220_133849.jpg

Back
Top Bottom