Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Sick Fish or Coral

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Question Condylactis anemone help

Hello, im new to Aquarium Advice and i thought that this should be my first thread.

I bought my condylactis about 4 days ago and its doing great ! its eating everytime and i havent seen it closed not once. But recently, like the past two days ago ive seen its been moving to the bottom of the rock I have it on. Ive tried flipping the rock over and it does it again..

What can it be?? im not sure if its sick but im thinking if it was it wouldve been closed, but its wide open. Im also guessing its just exploring around

The first picture is the night i got it.
The second last night. Then in the morning i flipped back up again cause i woke up to it being upside down and the last one is the anemone right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00552.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	100353   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00554.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	189.3 KB
ID:	100354  

Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00570.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	100355  

YoYoel16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Welcome to AA!
Im not sure how often your feeding the nem, but feeding anemones constantly is not necessary or recommended. Some people dont feed them at all, and according to them, they are fine. I choose to feed mine a small silverside every 10-14 days. It is a 16" Sebae ( fully opened ). They derive most of their nutrition from light.
This leads to a few questions.
What type and amount of lighting is it under?
And what kind of flow is in the tank?
Anemones require a decent amount of lighting and some flow.
If it wants to go under the rock, you should just let it. Continuing to move it back, will only stress it out. Anemones are famous for finding their own " happy place ", they will move to find a spot with the right amount of light and flow to suit them. That is if proper light and flow are available somewhere in the tank.

Flreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Curious what you lighting is, looks very bleached. From the fish store it would seem.
29g Mixed Reef, 150w 14k Phoenix MH w/ Moonlights, Reef Octopus BH1000 HOB Skimmer, Ecotech Vortech MP10es, ReefKeeper Lite (Plus), PH Probe, Temp Probe, ATO, Carbon/GFO Reactor.
Schism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 06:43 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist
mine was doing that as well. im not really sure why. i moved him to the other side of the tank and now he is just fine and hasn't moved at all except to wedge himself into the cracks of the live rock.
RedLeggedHermit is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Ich fix | Red bugs »