Condylactis anemone help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YoYoel16

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, im new to Aquarium Advice and i thought that this should be my first thread.

I bought my condylactis about 4 days ago and its doing great ! its eating everytime and i havent seen it closed not once. But recently, like the past two days ago ive seen its been moving to the bottom of the rock I have it on. Ive tried flipping the rock over and it does it again..

What can it be?? im not sure if its sick but im thinking if it was it wouldve been closed, but its wide open. Im also guessing its just exploring around :)

The first picture is the night i got it.
The second last night. Then in the morning i flipped back up again cause i woke up to it being upside down and the last one is the anemone right now. :)

Attachments

• CAM00552.jpg
    CAM00552.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 124
  • CAM00554.jpg
    CAM00554.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 116
  • CAM00570.jpg
    CAM00570.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 97
Welcome to AA!
Im not sure how often your feeding the nem, but feeding anemones constantly is not necessary or recommended. Some people dont feed them at all, and according to them, they are fine. I choose to feed mine a small silverside every 10-14 days. It is a 16" Sebae ( fully opened ). They derive most of their nutrition from light.
This leads to a few questions.
What type and amount of lighting is it under?
And what kind of flow is in the tank?
Anemones require a decent amount of lighting and some flow.
If it wants to go under the rock, you should just let it. Continuing to move it back, will only stress it out. Anemones are famous for finding their own " happy place ", they will move to find a spot with the right amount of light and flow to suit them. That is if proper light and flow are available somewhere in the tank.

Curious what you lighting is, looks very bleached. From the fish store it would seem.

mine was doing that as well. im not really sure why. i moved him to the other side of the tank and now he is just fine and hasn't moved at all except to wedge himself into the cracks of the live rock.

Back
Top Bottom