Confirmation please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ali-fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
I need someone to confirm if this is an itch or something else

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424703103.616072.jpg

?

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

im assuming you mean the white dots, it may be ich. hard to tell though with no information

What kind of information you are looking for. He is eating fine, no rock itching or any thing similar. No rapid breathing and swimming all around. He is one month old in the main tank and kept one month in the QT.

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

parameters mainly.. that helps but parameters are most important.

I haven't tested the water for say three weeks now. Will test them in an hours just to provide as much information as I could. But I know for sure that temperature is 27C (80.6 F) and ph is 7.97

Edit: tank is 125g (8 months old)

========

parameters are probably out of wack, whats your water change schedule?

Last water change was 3 weeks ago. Usually I change water every 10-14 days about 15-20g. Siphon first and then water change and test the next day.

========

nitrates are probably high. which would stress the fish and cause ich potentially.

Tested ammonia, no2 and no3 using 3 testing kits.

Ammonia= 0.5 mg/l, 0.25 ppm
No2 = 0.5 mg/l, 0 ppm
No3 = 100 mg/l, 80 ppm (this is the problem i guess)

Btw, I checked my tank logbook, last water change was 5 weeks ago. man days past so fast ><

========

nitrates should be below 20. start doing water changes Id say 50% to start. and that ammonia shouldn't be existent. watch that

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

nitrates should be below 20. start doing water changes Id say 50% to start. and that ammonia shouldn't be existent. watch that

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Noted. But will this remove these dots from the fish?

========

no but it will help, its hard to id without better pictures. ich is brought on by stress and only cured with hypo or copper which have to be done in a hospital tank

Back
Top Bottom