Congrats to me... I will never lose another fish to ich :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doan

Aquarium Advice Freak
You were right (as always) I was wrong (which happens way to much :) ) I was stupid you were wise. After losing my second tang to ich even though he was in QT and I was trying to use copper, and I think my mandarine has it.. I am done with this whole situation. I just ordered my refractometer. That is one corner that I am done trying to cut... They are expensive but I have now lost $200 in fish (2 tangs) and mabye my manderine so that would bump that total up a bit. That is way more than the price of the refractometer and also I am not killing fish trying to cut the corners anymore. Every thing is getting a nice dose of Hypo when I get it and if problems arise I am now equiped to deal with them. Unfortunatly as is a pattern in my life I have to learn the hard way. But no more I was standing in the LFS yesterday sick and tired of fish looking at buying a sun coral and thought to myself that you know this was not a wise purchase at this time I need to stop losing fish to ich and spend this money on a refractometer. I know for all of you out there like me who just were trying to avoid spending this money I am now as big of an advocate of the refractometer as I am a skimmer, to me it's a must have now. Also I just have a hard time considering myself a serious reefer when I am unable to deal with the basic problems that arive in the hobby if I am to continue to persue this hobby on the scale that I am This needs to be done cause I am doing a diservice to myself and my fish espically if I have the means to do so. If anyone wants PM me and I will point you to where I found one on sale for 48.99 and that includes shipping. Sorry for the rant I am mostly just kicking myself here for not doing it sooner.

Doan

Sounds like he is going to use hyposalinity to get rid of it. In order to do that accurately he will need a refractometer to get his salinty correct.

Why not continue with copper if you already started?
Just wondering. :wink:
Never mind, just reread your post.

Back
Top Bottom