Copper treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JRida

Aquarium Advice Newbie
How long does copper treatment for ick? And how long till I can put my snails & crabs back in? Started it today.

Yes. You won't be able to put your snails or crabs back in that tank. Copper should be used in a separate tank to treat sick fish, not to treat the display. You may still need to keep the display fallow (fish less) for 6-8 weeks to ensure the ich has completely gone.

you should never treat a display tank if at all possible. Don't put anymore copper in the display and go get yourself cuprisorb by seachem it will remove the copper from the tank. Keep it in place even after the copper is absorbed in case of any leeching.

IMHO your best bet would be to restart with fresh rock and substrate if you want inverts, or ever plan on going reef. If not what's done is done and just know that no matter what you do there will probably always be copper in the rocks and stock accordingly

according to the techs at seachem they told me the cuprisorb will remove all the copper and you will be able to put the inverts back in the tank just keep the cuprisorb in place as a safety net in case there's some leeching.

I will check this cuprisorb out. And thanks for the advice everyone.

I have got .50ppm in tank now. Using copper power. Do I need to up it.

Back
Top Bottom