Copper treatment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RLG2182

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So yeah... just learned that the tank I have here had freshwater fish... treated for ich. The product is made by Jungle (Tank Buddies) tablets that turned the water blue. Is this copper based? Doesn't say on the label or not. Would hate to have to buy another $100 tank, but would rather not kill off future LR & corals/inverts.

Thanks!

Not sure, I never used it. You would probably be OK if you give the tank a good washing. Meds I have seen that contain copper usually suggest that you use them in a qt tank.
If your not sure, call the manufacturer. If it doesn't list ingredients its most likely harmless "snake oil" stuff so to speak.

I just called them... they said that the active ingredients are victorian green (some kind of malokite green they said) and acriflavine. Didn't mention copper at all, but they acknowledged that the water did/does turn blue and can turn the silicone blue. So does this mean I scored a touchdown for my future reef?? :D

Back
Top Bottom