I could not afford to purchase a decent size new tank, so I bought a 37 gallon tank used. To my understanding, copper treatments for ich will leave a residue in tanks that will kill invertebrates. I inquired with the previous owner of the tank, and he said that he did fish-illness treatments in a quarantine tank, and only treated for algae in the 37 gallon tank. Should I be worried about putting live rock in this tank? I am interested in encouraging corraline algae growth- I've got 110 watts of PC
light. Is there a good way to remove copper residue from the walls of the tank if it is a problem (no water in the tank yet)? Thanks alot......... below is my tank set-up.
Fluval 204- flow purposes only
penguin 660 power head
110 watts pc
- half actinic, half daylight
10 pounds liverocks.com keys rock
35 pounds base rock