Copperband butterfly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

svegas82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I recently bought a butterfly 2 days ago my yellow tangs chased him a little now he has been swimming in the same routine for a day and a half. I have a 60 gallon set up now in the other room I can put him in. Anyone have a suggestion leave him in my 220 or move him to the 60?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They are in the 220

This is a fish better left in the ocean. Few live in captivity. Have you seen it eat anything substantial yet?

The first day he at some shrimp. I've had fish do this before and I know what's going to happen just wondering your opinions

Not any continued aggression my parameters are good as of now...I figured he is just stressed but don't know what else to do I'm going to try shrimp again tonight and see what happens

I kept a CB for 2 years.
He would have like better I know.
If yours doesn't eat the shrimp get him a feather duster!
For real.
You need a good micro life supply in your LR for them to constantly pick on also.

My smaller tank has a ton of aptasia I'm just afraid it's to small for him

No bet on the aptasia.
Every fish is different.
I would be willing to bet a feather duster would be gone before the CB!
My tanks have always had 1 or 2 small aptasia that I kill with Aptasia X.
The CB never showed any interest that I noticed.
I did catch him several times eating my dusters till I pulled them all.
By then he would eat frozen and munch on bugs/worms in LR and sub.(constant feeder for real).

I just fed shrimp he had a couple pieces maybe he just needs some time that the tangs aren't harassing him anymore...but I will pick up some feather dusters if he makes it

Feather dusters? They eat pods and such. small crustaceans and odds and ends on the rock- It may NEVER eat prepared food. A long, slow death for it if it doesn't eat flakes or bloodworms. A mistake IMO.

From what I have read people have had some success getting them to eat feeding live blackworms.

But they are a very difficult fish to keep unless, as has been stated, you put them in a big, very well established tank with lots of micro-fauna thriving.

I'm not one of those people. The ones I have brought in never touched anything I threw at them, including black worms.

Back
Top Bottom